Overview: The Best Collateral Rewards Points Program (hereinafter “the Program”) is open to all Qualified Participants who are either Customers and/or Employees of Best Collateral, Inc., a Colorado Corporation licensed to do business in California (hereinafter “Best Collateral”). All users of this website and/or participants in the Program agree in advance that their access to and use of this website, and participation in the Program are subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein and all applicable laws. Any access to this website is undertaken at the user’s own risk.
Change in Terms & Conditions: While Best Collateral will endeavor to make timely notifications to Participants in the Program before instituting any material changes, Best Collateral, and “The Program Operator” as defined hereinafter, have the right to change, limit, modify or cancel the Program, its rules, regulations, these Terms and Conditions, policies and procedures, Rewards, Rewards Points accumulation and rewards levels at any time, with or without notice, even though such changes may affect the value of Rewards Points, as defined hereinafter, already accumulated, the ability to use accumulated Rewards Points, or the ability to obtain certain rewards. Further, Best Collateral reserves the right to discontinue or change the Program at any time, with or without notice.
Copyright: All textual, graphical and other content appearing on this website, unless otherwise noted, is the property of Best Collateral. If you determine that this material infringes on an existing copyright or patent, notify the Program Administrator immediately, and provide the name, address and telephone number of the person who holds the copyright.
Definitions: The following definitions apply:
- Award Suppliers are companies who make, manufacture and/or supply the Rewards available through the Online Catalog accessible via the Program.
- Customer shall mean and refer to an individual retail customer of Best Collateral who purchased new or secondhand goods, who sold secondhand property at Best Collateral, or who received a collateral loan from Best Collateral on or after June 1, 2011.
- Employee shall mean and refer to a current employee of Best Collateral during the effective dates of the Program.
- On-Line Catalog means and refers to the catalog of merchandise made available through this website as a “Reward” from Awards Suppliers to Qualified Participants through the redemption of Rewards Points.
- Program shall mean and refer to this electronic rewards program, known as the “Best Collateral Customer Rewards Program” operated by Best Collateral and its Program Operator under the, Terms and Conditions. The Program shall be exclusively governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California.
- Program Administrator means and refers to the person designated by Best Collateral to oversee this Program and to resolve disputes on behalf of Best Collateral. Disputes arising from, connected to or any manner associated with the Program shall be resolved by the Program Administrator in his or her exclusive discretion and their decision is binding. The Program Administrator may be reached by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org new email or by writing to the following address:
Best Collateral Rewards Points Program Administrator
℅ Best Collateral
285 Marin Keys Blvd., Suite E
Novato, CA 94949-5763
- Program Operator shall mean and refer to the independent third party who is licensed by Best Collateral to operate the Program and is solely responsible for administering the enrollment and disenrollment process of a Customer or Employee Qualified Participant and maintaining the Rewards Account, tabulation of the accrual of Rewards Points, the maintenance of the Online Catalog, the redeeming of Rewards Points in exchange for Online Catalog Rewards provided by the Awards Suppliers, the selection of Awards Suppliers, and the processing of Online Catalog Rewards’ orders, returns, exchanges and cancellations. Participants may reach the Program Operator by email at email at email@example.com new email or by telephoning (888) 826-0783.
- Promotional Event means any event where Best Collateral, in its sole and exclusive discretion, determines to temporarily increase the Rewards Points earned through Qualifying Transactions in any set period of time. Promotional Events may be terminated at any time, without cause or notice.
- Qualified Participant A Qualified Participant, (hereinafter “Participant”) as used herein, is an individual who is a Customer or Employee and who has enrolled in the Program via this website after having transacted a Qualified Transaction. Only one account may be maintained by a Participant, and only one email may be designated per Participant. An Employee separating employment from Best Collateral may remain a Qualified Participant by contacting the Program Operator and converting their Rewards Account to a Customer based Rewards Account.
- Qualifying Transaction means and includes the following transactions made by a Participant at a Best Collateral store on or after June 1, 2011, exclusive of any shipping, handling or other charges: (a) The pre-tax sale’s price paid for a purchase; (b) The principal loan amount extended to a Participant; (c) The pre-tax sale’s price paid for a lay-away purchase; and (d) The net purchase price paid for any secondhand good sold by a Participant to Best Collateral. Rewards Points shall accrue on the following dates: (a) for a purchase, sale or a collateral loan, on the same date the purchase, sale or loan is recorded; (b) For a lay-away sale, on the date the lay-away purchase agreement is paid in full. As defined herein, all Qualifying Transactions shall be rounded up to the nearest whole dollar for purposes of calculating Rewards Points. Rewards Points will typically be visible in a Participant’s Reward Account within two business days following a Qualified Transaction.
- Reward means merchandise available in the Online Catalog that is available to the Participant to purchase in exchange for the redemption of Rewards Points.
- Rewards Account means the individual account into which Rewards Points are credited to the Qualified Participant and from which Rewards Points are deducted upon the purchase of Online Catalog products.
- Rewards Points means points awarded under this Program for Qualified Transactions earned under the Terms and Conditions of this Program by a Participant. The awarding of Rewards Points and the redemption of Rewards Points is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and void where prohibited by law.
Between June 1, and June 30, 2011, 1 (one) Rewards Point shall be earned for each dollar of any Qualified Transaction. On and after July 1, 2011, 1 (one) Reward Point will be earned for each dollar of a Qualified Transaction that arises from a purchase or fully paid lay-away, and ½ (One-Half) Reward Point will be earned for each dollar of a Qualified Transaction that arises from the sale of goods by a Participant to Best or a loan made to the Participant by Best. Rewards Points earned by a Customer or Employee between June 1, 2011 and August 31, 2011 will be accrued and credited to the Participant who registers with the Program on or before August 31, 2011. A Customer or Employee registering after August 31, 2011will not be eligible to receive any Rewards Points accrued prior to the day of their registration with the Program.
- Terms and Conditions means the terms and conditions stated herein as may be changed, amended from time to time by Best Collateral, the Program Administrator or the Program Operator at their sole and exclusive discretion.
Electronic Communications: When a Customer or Employee registers with the Program and becomes a Participant, and/or when either a Customer, an Employee or a Participant visits this website or sends emails to Best Collateral, they are communicating with Best Collateral electronically, and they are expressly consenting to receive communications from Best Collateral electronically. Customer, Employee and/or Participant understand(s) and acknowledge(s) that Best Collateral will communicate with them by email or by posting notices on this website. Customer, Employee and/or Participant agrees that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that Best Collateral provides electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Eligibility: Eligibility for the Best Collateral Rewards Points Program is limited to Customers and Employees of Best Collateral who have registered with the Program between June 1, 2011 and before the date that the Program itself is terminated. Rewards Points earned in the Program cease to exist when this eligibility is severed. No credit, carryover, transfer or redemption of Rewards Points is available after eligibility is severed. Rewards Points may not be sold, exchanged or transferred between Participants. Rewards Points accrued do not constitute property of the Participant and have no value. Rewards Points accrued by a Participant are for the Participant’s benefit only and may not be transferred to anyone, including a legal spouse and shall become void if transferred. Rewards Points are awarded to the primary account holder, as deemed and determined by the Program Administrator.
Enrollment: On their first Qualifying Transaction, the Customer will receive a registration key for enrollment in the Program. Using the unique registration key, the Customer will create their individualized username and password with which they will be granted access to the Program by the Program Operator. Upon successful enrollment, Customer becomes a Participant in the Program and is expressly agreeing to be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Participant’s Rewards Account, username and password. The Participant further agrees to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under their Rewards Account accessed by Participant’s unique username and password. An Employee may enroll at any time by contacting the Program Administrator. All Rewards Points awarded to any Participant that is an Employee (Employee-Participant) from Best Collateral are considered gifts and not salary, wages, bonuses, nor will any Rewards Points awarded to an Employee-Participant be used in any overtime, bonus or other calculation as such Rewards Points are provided to the Employee-Participant at and in the sole discretion of Best Collateral. An Employee-Participant may also earn Rewards Points by completing a Qualified Transaction as a Customer.
Fraud: In the case of fraud or abuse involving Rewards, Rewards Points, Point Statements or any other feature or benefit provided or available under the Program, the Program Administrator has the right to take appropriate administrative and/or legal action, and all Rewards Points earned through the Rewards Program may be forfeited and the account closed if, in the exclusive opinion of the Program Administrator the Rewards Points were erroneous or fraudulently attributed to a Participant’s Rewards Account. If any information is provided that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the Program Administrator has the right to terminate the Participant’s Rewards Account and refuse any and all current or future access to or use of the Program.
Governing Law: By accessing this website and/or participating in this Program, every Customer, Employee and/or Participant is consenting to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of this Program and to the laws of the State of California under which the Program operates and is governed.
Limitation of Liability: By participating in the Program, Participant agrees that any reward is provided upon the express condition that the Award Supplier, the Program Operator, Best Collateral and their respective agencies and/or employees will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind that may result from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Reward. The Program Operator, Best Collateral and the Awards Suppliers expressly disclaim any responsibility and each Participant hereby agrees to release and to hold the Program Operator, Best Collateral, the Awards Suppliers (and their respective employees, officer, directors, shareholders, agents, marketing partners and affiliates) harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection the Program or resulting from the delivery, acceptance, and/or subsequent use or misuse of any Reward, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. The Program Operator, Best Collateral and the Awards Suppliers and their respective subsidiaries, participating vendors, distributors and affiliated entities are not responsible for any of the following: (i) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Program Operator, Best Collateral, and the Awards Suppliers that may cause the Program to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Reward or from participation in the Program; (iii) any express or implied warranty as to fitness for a particular purpose or warranty as to merchantability of any Reward; or (iv) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Program or the Online Catalog.
Under no circumstances shall Best Collateral, nor the Program Operator be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or exemplary damages (even if Best Collateral or the Program Operator have been advised of the possibility of such damages) arising from the Program or the use of or inability to use any Reward made available to any Participant under the Program. Each Participant accepts all responsibility for, and hereby indemnifies and holds Best Collateral and the Program Operator harmless from and against any actions taken by any user authorized to access and use the Participant’s Rewards Account including, but not limited to, accrual of Reward Points, redemption of Reward Points, and disclosure of passwords to third parties. Each Participant hereby releases Best Collateral, the Program Operator and all their affiliates from any and all liability regarding the redemption of Rewards Points, use of Online Catalog Rewards, or other participation in the Program.
Likeness and Image: Participants irrevocably grant to Best Collateral, its agents and assigns, full permission and authority to use, publish and display the Participant’s likeness, name voice and/or image, (whether preserved by audio or video tape, photograph or digitally) or other likeness, as well as identifying information, for advertising or other business related purposes in any media without limitation in consideration for Participant’s eligibility in the Program.
Disputes: If any dispute arises from the Customer’s, Employee’s or Participant’s use of this website or participation in the Program, or from the Program or these Terms & Conditions, it is expressly agreed that the dispute will be resolved under the provisions of this section. First, the dispute shall be submitted and decided by a decision of the Program Administrator. Thereafter, the Customer, Employee, Participant or any other injured party or Best shall submit the dispute to binding arbitration under the rules of the Federal Arbitration Act (9 U.S.C. §2, et seq.). The claimant shall bring the arbitration only in his or her individual capacity, and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding. T he arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. The Customer, Employee Participant, Best or any other injured party agrees in advance that any such arbitration will occur in the County of Marin, State of California. The prevailing party in any arbitration shall be entitled to recover their reasonable costs, including attorney’s fees.
Privacy Notice: This website is housed and operated by the Program Operator under license with Best Collateral. The Program Operator and Best Collateral will use the information collected on this website for the operation of the Rewards Points Program and no other purpose. Best Collateral will not provide any Customer, Employee or Participant information to any third-parties (other than the Program Operator) without first obtaining the Customer’s, Employee’s or Participant’s approval to do so. Participants specifically acknowledge and authorize in advance the release of their name, address, email and telephone number to the Program Operator for the purpose of facilitating their participation in and administering the Program and to the Program Operator and to any Awards Supplier from whom they desire to redeem Rewards Points in exchange for any Reward for the exclusive purpose of facilitating the delivery of said Reward to participant.
Rewards Redemption Policy:
- Rewards Points may only be used to redeem merchandise from the On-Line Catalog. Points are not redeemable for cash. Rewards Points so redeemed are deducted from the balance of Participant’s Rewards Account.
- The Rewards Points the Participant accrues does not constitute property of the Participant. The Participant cannot transfer Rewards Points to another Participant or to any Customer seeking to become a Participant. Rewards Points have no monetary value except to the extent specifically provided in exchange for a Reward.
Rewards Points Used to Acquire Reward:
- Awards Suppliers will endeavor to stock merchandise for which Participant may use Rewards Points to acquire. However, Awards Suppliers reserve the right to modify the merchandise available in the On-Line Catalog at any time with or without notice. Specific merchandise is subject to availability and substitutions may be made in the sole discretion of the Program Operator. The Program Operator reserves the right to make subsequent modifications to Online Catalog Rewards arising from the unavailability of products listed in the Online Catalog or a change in an Awards Supplier. The Program Operator shall use reasonable endeavors to ensure that any replacement item shall be of similar style and price.
- A Participant may order Rewards displayed on the Program’s On-Line Catalog by exchanging Rewards Points Participant has accrued in their Rewards Account on a one-to-one basis for the Rewards Points displayed for that Reward(s).
- Rewards Points earned in this Program can only be redeemed for On-Line Catalog Rewards.
- Online Catalog Rewards redeemed under the Program are subject to shipping and handling charges. The shipping and handling charges are included in the point value associated with each item in the On-Line Catalog and are represented in the overall value of the item.
- Rewards redeemed through the Program are subject to applicable federal, state and/or local taxes. Payment of taxes is the sole responsibility of the participant and not Best Collateral, the Program Operator or any Awards Supplier or any of their affiliates or agents.
- Claims by a Participant for damage to or the failure to receive a Reward must be made by the Participant directly to the Program Operator. A claim for damaged merchandise must be made no later than thirty (30) days after receipt by the Participant of the Online Catalog Reward.
- Any order for any Online Catalog Reward that is canceled after submission to the Program Operator or that is returned by a Participant to an Award Supplier shall be subject to a twenty percent (20%) restocking fee unless it is damaged or defective, in which case the merchandise shall be replaced.
- Online Catalog Reward will be shipped to a Participant within six (6) weeks of receipt of the order by the Program Operator. The Program Operator shall notify the Participant of any delays that may arise which are beyond the Program Operator’s reasonable control, and in such circumstances, the Program Operator shall provide the Participant an opportunity to select an alternate item.
Rewards Account: Participants are assigned a unique account accessible only to them at and after the time of their Enrollment and shall provide the Participant with the following: (a) A summary of Rewards Points earned and credited; (b) a summary of Rewards Points deducted for acquisitions of Rewards, returns or for misapplied Rewards Points not earned by the Participant; (c) Details of Qualified Transactions.
Rewards Points Statement: Statements of Rewards Points earned in this Program including details of transactions, as well as the balance on the Participant’s Rewards Account are available through this website. It is the responsibility of the Participants to track their use and accrual of Rewards Points.
Termination of Program: Best Collateral expects this loyalty rewards program to continue to serve the Participants of the Program. However, Best Collateral reserves the right to terminate the Program with or without any prior notice to any Participant. If the Program is suspended or terminated, any unredeemed Rewards Points must be redeemed within one month of the date of termination.